"I have held many things in my hands, and lost them all; but whatever I have placed in God's hands, that I still possess."

~~Martin Luther~~



Monday, January 18, 2010

The List


Blogging - who came up with that term. I guess for me it is more like keeping a journal - which by the way is something that I haven't really done consistently at any point in my life. But I guess as part of this 2010 adventure I am going to give it a whirl. Maybe someday my posterity will look at my "blog" and laugh at me as I figure my way through this life.

As I outlined in previous blogs - I was going to post the list of "39 Things" that I hope to accomplish this year that are somewhat different than the daily routine things like to pray daily, tell my family how much I love and appreciate them, laugh and have fun. Those things are givens. This list has some challenges as well as some new "givens" to try. So here it goes -THE LIST!

1. Read the Old Testament (start to finish)
2. Travel to Chile
3. Travel to Antarctica
4. Complete a triathlon
5. Of the 5 LDS Temples that I haven't visited in Utah - visit 3 of them
6. Go Hang Gliding
7. Volunteer at the Utah Food Bank - during the "off season"
8. Tutor / teach at Monroe Elementary w/ Junior Achievement
9. Read the Diary of Anne Frank
10. Read Lost Moon: Apollo 13
11. Read Hallelujah - the story of Handel's Messiah
12. Finish reading the Book of Mormon
13. 39 days without sugar, gluten or dairy
14. Truly appreciate the blueberry
15. Take 5 minutes off of my best 1/2 marathon time
16. Grow two new things in my garden this year
17. Donate time to Habitat for Humanity
18. Try snow shoeing
19. Build a snowman in November
20. Learn to cross country ski
21. Hike from Big Cottonwood Canyon to Little Cottonwood Canyon
22. Plant a fruit tree
23. Send (in the mail) notes of encouragement
24. Visit California
25. Learn to cook a new dinner recipe
26. Have a nephews only day
27. Have a lazy Saturday - spend the day at home in PJs
28. Go to a day spa for a pampering treatment
29. Learn the new family history program
30. Keep a journal
31. Make a new dessert
32. Finish the wedding pictures and book
33. Make homemade root beer
34. Go dancing with my husband
35. Participate in the United Way Day of Caring
36. Plan a family anniversary in October
37. Learn to use the herbs in my garden
38. Attend the symphony
39. See a Broadway play

There it is "The List." I have actually started but now it is in place. Let's see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment